3-minute Egg Press
Gluten free Alternative Provided │ Dairy free │ Vegetarian │ FODMAP Friendly Alternative Provided │ Nut free
Serves: 1 | Total Time: 3 minutes
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 slices bread^* (ie. sprouted spelt, organic wholegrain or seeded gluten free)
- 2 teaspoons organic unsalted butter (ie. B.d Farm Paris Creek), or you can use a drizzle of olive oil
- 2 pinches garlic powder^
- 2 pinches iodised sea salt
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
^ FODMAP Friendly Alternative: choose gluten free bread or limit to 1 slice spelt bread and omit garlic powder
* Gluten free Alternative: choose gluten free bread
- Using a sandwich press, crack eggs onto heated surface.
- Place one slice of bread on top of each egg. Spread bread with butter/oil. Close sandwich press and toast for approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Top each slice with a pinch of garlic powder, salt and 3 basil leaves.
- Serve and enjoy this quick and tasty hot breakfast!