Gluten free │ Vegetarian │ FODMAP Friendly Alternative Provided │ Nut free
Serves: 2 | Total Time: 20 minutes
- ¾ cup long grain basmati rice
- 2½ cups A2 full cream milk^
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla bean paste (ie. Queen)
Serve with: sprinkle of cinnamon and ½ grated apple, OR a heaped spoonful of yoghurt (ie. Jalna ‘Sweet and Creamy’) and a handful of raspberries, OR small handful sultanas and a sprinkle of cinnamon, OR stir in a mashed banana
^ FODMAP Friendly Alternative: swap for lactose free milk and serve with lactose free yoghurt and berries or mashed banana
- Wash rice with water until water runs clear.
- In a saucepan, combine rice, milk and vanilla and place on medium/high heat until milk is simmering (about 8 minutes). Stir frequently to avoid rice sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Once simmering, reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 minutes or until rice is cooked. Stir frequently. Note: Add extra milk if the rice is not cooked after 12 minutes and the mixture seems too thick.
This little breakfast is a great one for the kids (especially babies who are transitioning onto lumpy solids).