Gluten free │ Dairy free
Serves: 4 | Total Time: 25-30 minutes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3cm cube ginger root, peeled
- 2 red chili peppers, most seeds removed
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 stems lemongrass
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon (20g) coconut oil
- 1 lime, rind and juice
- 10 macadamia nuts
- 4 cups liquid vegetable stock* (ie. Massel)
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 300g free-range chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 150-200g thick rice noodles
- 1 head (300g) broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 bok choy
- ½ lime, juice only
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 packet (200g) bean sprouts
* If you have a Thermomix, use 4 Tablespoons vegetable stock paste with 4 cups water.
I recommend using organic produce where possible.
- Make the paste – add all ingredients into food processor and blitz to a paste. Thermomix: 6 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides. Mix again: 15 sec/speed 5. Once made, set aside.
- Bring to the boil stock and coconut milk in medium-sized saucepan. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer. Add laksa paste.
- Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in fry pan. Add chicken strips. Cook until lightly browned; about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Boil kettle. Add noodles to a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover and let sit for 3 minutes. Strain, and cut noodles shorter with kitchen scissors. Add noodles to soup and increase to medium heat.
- Prepare broccoli and bok choy. Add to soup together with cooked chicken pieces, lime juice, fresh coriander leaves and bean sprouts. Stir through for about 5-7 minutes. If mixture is too thick for your liking, add ½-1 cup water.
- Garnish with extra bean sprouts and coriander. Serve and enjoy!