Cold Rolls with Dukkah Dusted Chicken
Gluten free │ Dairy free │ FODMAP Friendly
Serves: 2 (6 rolls) | Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 free-range chicken breast, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon each paprika and turmeric
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon dukkah (ie. Table of Plenty brand)
- Black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 30g (dry) vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 small carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 1 lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 18-20 large fresh mint leaves
- 6 sheets rice paper
Variations (per roll):
- ½ teaspoon finely diced red onion^
- 1 teaspoons finely diced coriander
- 2 slices avocado
^ Avoid if following low FODMAPs diet
- Slice chicken into thin strips. Heat fry pan over low heat and add oil and chicken. Sprinkle with paprika, turmeric, dukkah and black pepper. Once base is cooked, turn over. Squeeze lemon juice over chicken pieces. Cook until both sides are lightly golden.
- Place rice noodles in glass bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover with lid for about 6-8 minutes. Once cooked, drain water and cut noodles into smaller strands with kitchen scissors.
- Slice cucumber, peel carrot and pull mint leaves off stalk.
- Assemble rolls – Using a flat dinner plate (or wide rimmed plate), pour boiling water up to rim. Have another large plate next to it for assembling rolls, and a serving plate.
- Place rice paper into plate of hot water until completely covered. Be careful not to burn fingers. Once it is completely soft, remove carefully and drip dry. Place on next plate to assemble.
- Add vegetables (approx. 4 carrot ribbons, 3 slices cucumber, 3 large mint leaves per roll), rice noodles (about 20g per roll) and chicken pieces.
- To wrap, pull top half down over filling, then left part over to middle, right part over to middle, then pull the bottom half up and wrap firmly.
- Continue steps 5-7 until all are assembled. Note: other fillings may include carrot, cucumber, ½ teaspoon chopped red onion, 1 teaspoon chopped coriander, 2 slices avocado and chicken.
- Enjoy these simple, yet tasty, little wonders!