Delicious Roasted Pumpkin Salad
Gluten free │ Vegetarian│ FODMAP Friendly Alternative Provided │ Nut free
Serve: 2 | Total Time: 25-30 minutes
- 200g kent pumpkin, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup quinoa
- 1 lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 4 cup mixed salad leaves
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced^
- 1 generous handful fresh basil leaves, loosely torn
- 70g sundried tomatoes
- 80g danish feta, cubed (alternatively use goat’s or sheep’s feta)
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons preservative-free balsamic vinegar (ie. Macro brand)
- 1 heaped teaspoon raw honey^
- 2 pinches iodised sea salt and cracked black pepper
I recommend using organic produce, where possible
^ FODMAP Friendly Alternative: omit red onion and honey
- Preheat oven 180⁰C. Prepare pumpkin – remove skin and cut into small cubes. Place pumpkin on a lined baking tray. Place in oven for 10 minutes. Turn pieces over and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until pieces are soft.
- Meanwhile, place quinoa in rice cooker, cover with water and cook. Once cooked, take lid off to allow to cool before mixing in with salad.
- Whilst pumpkin and quinoa are cooking, make salad dressing using a small blender (ie. Magic Bullet). Add all ingredients into blender and blitz for 20-30 seconds. Set aside.
- Prepare salad – cut cucumber and onion, and feta. In a large mixing bowl, add green salad leaves, basil leaves, cucumber, onion, feta, sundried tomato, avocado and sunflower seeds.
- Once quinoa and pumpkin have cooled, add to salad. Pour dressing over and mix well until all ingredients are well coated.
- This salad makes for a perfect lunch in the warmer weather. It’s also a great one to bring along to a BBQ!