Easy Chow Mein
Gluten free │ Dairy free │ Nut free │ Paleo
Serves: 4 | Total Time: 20-25 minutes
- 500g grass-fed beef mince
- 1 cup vegetable stock* (ie. Massel)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 onion, diced
- ¼ Chinese cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 cups green beans, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large stalk celery, sliced
- 6 button mushrooms, quartered
- 200g broccolini, stems removed
I recommend using organic vegetables where possible.
* If you have a Thermomix, use 1 Tablespoon vegetable stock paste with 1 cup water.
- Add beef mince to large fry pan over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until brown.
- Add diced onions. Stir through for a further 3 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and curry powder. Note: add another teaspoon of curry powder if you prefer a stronger flavour.
- Meanwhile, chop vegetables – cabbage, carrots, celery, green beans and mushrooms. Add each one (except green beans) to fry pan once prepared. After vegetables have been added, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Uncover, and after about 3 minutes, add broccolini and green beans. Stir through, and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.