Eggcellent Savoury Muffins
Gluten free │ Dairy free │ Vegetarian │ FODMAP Friendly │ Nut free
Makes: 6 | Total Time: 10 minutes preparation + 45-50 minutes baking
- ½ zucchini, finely diced
- ½ carrot, finely diced
- 50g (approx. 8) sundried tomatoes, finely diced
- Kernels from 1 fresh corn cob (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 punnet (approx. 20) cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- ½ cup rice flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 10 eggs
- Pinch iodised sea salt and cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Place zucchini, carrot, sundried tomatoes and fresh parsley into a food processor and pulse med-high for about 6 seconds, until roughly/finely chopped. Thermomix: 6 sec/Speed 6.
- Add rice flour, coconut flour, bicarb soda, lemon juice, coconut oil, 4 eggs, salt and pepper into food processor and mix for about 10 seconds, until well combined. Thermomix: 10 sec/Speed 4.
- Add cherry tomato halves and corn kernels. Mix on low to combine. Thermomix: 10 sec/Speed 3.
- Set out 6 large patty pans in a muffin tray.
- Using a spoon, scoop enough mixture to fill ⅓ of the patty pan. Crack 1 egg on top. Add more mixture to cover the egg. Fill the patty pan to the top, as the mixture will not rise.
- Repeat step 5 until all the patty pans are filled.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean after inserted through the center.
- These are a great lunch option, either for the kids at school, or adults at work. They also make for a tasty breakfast. Enjoy!