Fruit Christmas Tree
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 apple
- 1 carrot
- 1-2 kiwi fruits
- ½ rockmelon
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 1 slice pineapple
- 30-40 grapes (mix of red and green)
- Fresh red currants
- Mint leaves
- See images for preparation method – slice bottom of apple off to make a flat surface. Cut whole out of the other end, big enough to fit the carrot in. Place apple and carrot ‘stand’ on plate.
- Stick toothpicks in carrot and apple, as shown.
- Slice rockmelon and pineapple (removing the skin), and cut into star shapes using a small cookie cutter (you can use any festive shapes); slice kiwi fruit; and trim tops off strawberries.
- Slide fruit onto toothpicks in any order, as shown.
- Cover base with mint leaves.
- This fruit Christmas tree makes for a spectacularly delicious centerpiece at any Christmas gathering.