Ginger Green Beans
Gluten free │ Dairy free │ Vegetarian/Vegan │ FODMAP Friendly Alternative Provided │ Nut free │ Paleo
Side Serves: 4 | Total Time: 15 minutes
- 300-400g green beans
- 1½ Tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of ½ large lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated^
- 3 pinches iodised sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
^ FODMAP Friendly Alternative: omit garlic
- Prepare the dressing. Add to bowl, olive oil, lemon juice, freshly grated ginger and garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Allow to sit so the flavours meld.
- Blanch cook beans. Bring 3 litres of water to the boil in a medium-sized sauce pan. Working in 200g batches, carefully lower green beans into the boiling water. Boil small beans for 2 minutes, medium beans for 3 minutes, and large beans for 4 minutes.
- Add beans to the bowl with the dressing. Mix until beans are coated.
- Serve with other vegetables and meat such as salmon, lamb, beef or chicken.