Honey Sesame Chicken
Gluten free │ Dairy free │ Nut free │ Paleo Alternative Provided
Serves: 4 | Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 free-range chicken breasts, diced
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced/grated
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup corn kernels*
- 2 Tablespoons tahini paste
- 1½ Tablespoons raw honey
- ½ teaspoon iodised sea salt
- Sesame seeds, to serve
Serve on its own or with: steamed basmati rice, vermicelli noodles or sweet potato mash
* Paleo/Low Carbohydrate Alternative: omit corn and serve on its own
- Heat large fry pan or wok over high heat then add coconut oil to coat pan. Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Add diced chicken to pan and stir fry for 5-8 minutes or until cooked. Set aside.
- With oil remaining in the pain, add onion and garlic and stir fry for 3-4 minutes, or until onion is soft. Add carrots, capsicum, mushroom and 2 Tablespoons water, cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes, until carrots have softened.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together tahini paste, raw honey and salt.
- Add peas and corn to the pan. Cook uncovered for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tahini mixture to pan along with cooked chicken pieces. Stir through until chicken and vegetables are coated. Cook for a further 1 minute. Note: this dish has a lovely light flavour. Taste before serving. If you prefer a stronger flavour, add an extra ½ Tablespoon tahini and ½ Tablespoon honey.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and serve. This is a great dish for the whole family. Enjoy!