Gluten free │ Dairy free │ Nut free │ Paleo
Makes: Approximately 16 | Total Time: 5 minutes preparation + 20 minutes to set
- 2 cups mango pieces (frozen or fresh)
- 1 Tablespoon grass-fed gelatin powder (ie. Great Lakes)
PREPARATION USING THERMOMIX
- Add all ingredients into mixing bowl to mix and heat 4 min/80˚C/speed 4.
- Once finished, pour into silicon ice cube moulds.
- For quick setting: place in freezer for about 20 minutes, or until solid.
- For longer setting: place in fridge for about 2 hours, or until solid.
- Store in airtight container in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
PREPARATION USING STOVE TOP
- Using food processor, blitz mango and vanilla essence until pureed.
- Add to saucepan over medium heat.
- In a separate bowl/cup, add gelatin and cover with cold water. Stir into a paste, then add straight to saucepan along with honey. Note: mixing in cold water first helps to prevent gelatin becoming clumpy.
- Stir continuously for about 4-5 minutes. Avoid boiling.
- Once the liquid is a smooth consistency (it will appear quite thick) and all the gelatin has dissolved, pour into silicon moulds.
- Follow steps 3-5 above.
Variation: Creamy Mango – add ¼ cup coconut milk to the above ingredients, and follow the same preparation instructions. Makes: Approximately 22.