for the Kids
Gluten free │ FODMAP Friendly Alternative Provided │ Nut free
Serves: 2 | Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup mashed potato (approx. 2 potatoes)
- ¼ cup frozen peas^
- ¼ cup frozen corn kernels
- 95g canned tuna in spring water, drained
- ¼ cup A2 full cream milk^
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 2-3 sprigs of parsley, finely chopped
^FODMAP Friendly Alternative: swap peas to chopped carrot pieces, swap milk to lactose free
- Peel potatoes, cut into quarters and place in saucepan. Pour boiling water over until the potatoes are almost covered. Place lid on. Bring to the boil. Once boiling, remove lid and leave to boil for 8-10 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
- Strain potatoes to remove all of the water. Place potatoes back into saucepan. Mash the potatoes using a potato masher.
- Place all other ingredients into the saucepan.
- Return it to stove top over medium heat. Stir all ingredients together until combined and hot.
- Serve and allow to cool down before serving to children.
Note: This is not a traditional ‘Mornay’, but it is a great substitute for a quick and tasty lunch for the little ones. It’s also a great way to use up any leftover veggies.