Nut-free Cocoa Berry Bites
Gluten free │ Dairy free │ Vegetarian/Vegan │ Nut free │ Paleo
Makes: approx. 16 balls | Total Time: 10 minutes
- ½ cup pepita (pumpkin) seeds*
- ½ cup sunflower seeds*
- ¾ cup preservative-free desiccated coconut, plus extra for rolling in (ie. Macro)
- 1 cup (approx. 7-8) medjool dates, pitted**
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa or cacao
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla essence (ie Queen)
- 1 cup blueberries (organic where possible, and frozen is fine)
* You can substitute seeds for 1 cup mixed nuts (macadamia, almonds, cashews etc) if preferred
** These are best for mixing when at room temperature
- Take blueberries out of freezer so they can thaw slightly before mixing.
- Place seeds in food processor on high for 15 seconds. Thermomix: speed 6.
- Add coconut, dates, cocoa, vanilla essence and blueberries and blend on med-high for 20 seconds. Thermomix: speed 4.
Take mixture and roll into small balls, coating in coconut.
- These are best served chilled, so place in fridge until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Store in fridge in an airtight container.