Potato and Leek Soup
Gluten free │ Dairy free │ Vegetarian/Vegan │ Nut free
Serves: 4 | Total Time: 25 minutes
- 500g white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 200g sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups vegetable stock* (ie. Massel)
- 1 brown onion, diced finely
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 large leeks, white parts only, diced
- 2 zucchinis, peeled and diced
- 1 Tablespoon (20g) coconut oil
- Pepper, to taste
* If you own a Thermomix (or Bellini), I recommend using 2Tbsp vegetable stock paste mixed in 2 cups water.
I recommend using organic produce where possible
- In fry pan, heat oil 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add diced onion and grated garlic, and sauté until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Place cubed potatoes, leek, zucchini, sautéd onions, 3 teaspoons oil, stock and water into a saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil; then simmer for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes easily break apart with a skewer.
- Puree vegetables with a stab mixer. If you like the consistency thinner, add another ½-1 cup water and blend again.
- Season with freshly ground pepper and enjoy!