Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Honey Balsamic Glaze
Gluten free │ Dairy free │ Vegetarian │ Nut free │ Paleo
Serves: 4 | Total Time: 25 minutes
- 16 brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon organic balsamic vinegar (ie. Macro or Spiral Organics)
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 2 pinches cracked pepper
- ¼ teaspoon iodised sea salt
- Preheat oven 200˚C.
- Line baking tray with baking paper. Smear ½ Tablespoon of coconut oil to cover surface.
- Cut Brussels into halves and peel carrots into ribbons. Place Brussels flat side down onto baking paper. Add carrot ribbons onto tray (these do not need to be separated into individual ribbons). Cover vegetables with 1½ Tablespoons coconut oil (oil will be in clumps and this is ok, it will become liquid when heated in oven). Sprinkle sesame seeds over vegetables.
- Place in oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Turn Brussels sprouts over. Reduce oven temperature to 180˚C. Place in oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using food processor or blender, combined all ingredients for the dressing. Thermomix: 20 seconds/speed 6.
- Once Brussels sprouts are cooked, place into a serving dish and pour dressing over. Mix until vegetables are well coated. Serve alongside your favourite roast vegetables and protein.