Roasted Pumpkin with Sweet Apple
Gluten free │ Dairy free │ Vegetarian/Vegan │ Nut free │ Paleo
Side Serve: 4 | Total Time: 50 minutes
- 500g Jap pumpkin, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into quarters, layers separated
- 1 granny smith apple, cut into slices
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Small handful (15g) sultanas
- 6 fresh Basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Iodised sea salt and cracked pepper, to taste
Organic produce is recommended where possible
- Preheat fan forced oven to 180˚C.
- Prepare pumpkin, apple and onion.
- Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place vegetables and apple pieces on the tray. Spread coconut oil over vegetables.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Take out and turn pieces over. Place back in oven and cook for a remaining 20 minutes.
- Serve with sultanas, basil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Drizzle with balsamic reduction glaze, if desired. Enjoy!