Salmon and Broad Bean Salad
Gluten free │ Vegetarian Alternative Provided│ Nut free
Serves: 3-4 | Total Time: 20 minutes
- 500g frozen broad beans
- 1 tin (415g) wild caught pink salmon, well drained (vertebrae bones and skin removed) (ie. Coles or Woolworths Select brand)
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g danish feta (or goat’s/sheep’s feta), cubed
- 2 handful lettuce leaves, roughly diced
- ½ cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- 2 pinches each iodised sea salt, cracked black pepper
* Vegetarian Alternative: omit salmon
I recommend using organic vegetables where possible.
- Cook broad beans, as per packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, make dressing. Add all ingredients into a food processor and mix for about 15 seconds on moderate speed. Thermomix: speed 5. Leave to sit so flavours can meld.
- Once broad beans have cooked, drain well and spread onto a tray (ie. baking tray) in a single layer, and place into freezer to cool quickly.
- Meanwhile, drain salmon and remove vertebrae bones and skin. Separate into chunks and place in a bowl. Chop cherry tomatoes and lettuce, and add to bowl. Cube feta and add to bowl.
- Once broad beans are cool, add to salad.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix until ingredients are well coated.
- Enjoy this light and delicious salad, packed with flavour and nutrients!