Salted Caramel Dipping Delight
Gluten free │ Dairy free │ Vegetarian/Vegan │ Paleo
Makes: 1 cup | Total Time: 5 minutes preparation + 15-20 minutes soak time
- 10 medjool dates, deseeded*
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (approximately juice of ½ lemon)
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla essence or vanilla bean paste (ie. Queen)
- ¼ cup almond butter (can also use cashew butter) (ie. Naturals by Melrose)
- ½ teaspoon ground iodised sea salt
- 2 organic granny smith apples, for dipping
- 2 organic pink lady apples, for dipping
* The fresher the dates, the better this recipe turns out. Look for plump, soft dates.
- Deseed dates and place into a glass bowl. Cover with hot water. Leave to soak for about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the dates and add to food processor.
- Add all other ingredients to food processor and blend on med-high for 5 seconds. Thermomix: Speed 5.
- Scrape down edges, and blend on med-low for a further 20 seconds. Thermomix: Speed 3.
- Serve with granny smith and pink lady apples.
Note: To make a sauce, save the soaking water and add to mixture until desired consistency is reached.