Gluten free │ Dairy free │ Nut free │ Paleo Alternative Provided
Serves: 4 | Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons iodised sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 500g grass-fed beef mince
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 carrot, finely sliced
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- 4-5 cups cos lettuce, roughly torn
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 raw corn cobs, kernels only*
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced
- 2 handfuls coriander, chopped (plus extra to serve)
* Paleo/Starch free Alternative: omit corn
- Make taco seasoning: combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix together. Set aside.
- Heat fry pan over medium-low heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil and diced onion. Cook until translucent; about 3-4 minutes.
- Add beef mince to fry pan, together with mushrooms and carrot.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and add taco seasoning and remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Mix through and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare salad. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- To serve, divide salad and mince into 4 portions and garnish with coriander.
- Enjoy this delicious combination of flavours and textures! Bliss!
Tip: pre-make spice mix in bulk quantity, so when you come to make this recipe it’s ready to go!