The Unbeetable Salad
Gluten free │ Dairy free │ Vegetarian/Vegan │ Nut free │ Paleo
Serves: 4 | Total Time: 10 minutes
- 400g raw beetroot, peeled and quartered
- 2 carrots, cut into pieces
- 2 handfuls mixed salad leaves
- ¼ red onion
- 1 green apple, quartered (core removed)
- Generous handful fresh coriander leaves, stems removed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 30-40g lemon juice (½-1 lemon)
- Pinch iodised sea salt
- 1 cup pepita seeds
I recommend using organic vegetables where possible
- Using a food processor, place mixed salad leaves in first, followed by beetroot, carrot, red onion, apple, coriander, olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Chop on medium speed for 2 seconds. Thermomix: speed 5.
- Scrape down edges of bowl, then repeat chopping for 3 seconds. Thermomix: speed 5. Repeat until desired consistency is achieved.
- Add pepitas and mix through with spatula.
- Serve and enjoy this vibrant-looking salad that is bursting with flavour and nutrients to nourish your body! It really is unbeetable! 😉
Acknowledgement: this recipes is a variation of the Beetroot Salad from ‘The Basic Cook Book’ by Thermomix.